While the Ford Edge SE sport utility vehicle “edged” out the minivan to claim the top spot of Insures.com’s least expensive 2013 vehicles to insure, the most expensive models remained the same – powerful European sports cars.
Owning a Mercedes is sure to cost you a pretty penny with the brand claiming over half of the top 20 vehicles, including eight of the top 10. Expensive claims are largely to blame for the high insurance cost of the Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe, the most expensive 2013 vehicle to insure.
Take note of the below list and make a smarter purchase decision than the majority of car buyers make. Michelle Rupp, an agent with NRG Insurance in Seattle estimates that one-fifth of car shoppers will research car insurance rates.
“People just don’t think about it… If they’re really watching dollars and cents, they need to do that,” she says.
The Top 10 Most Expensive 2013 Vehicles and their average annual premiums are:
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 – $3,357
- Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG – $3,330
- Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG – $3,221
- Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG – $3,207
- Mercedes-Benz CL63 – $3,184
- Mercedes-Benz S600 – $3,158
- Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG – $3,075
- Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG – $2,978
- Porsche 911 Turbo – $2,958
Porsche 911 Turbo S – $2,925