So your partner loves cars almost as much as he or she loves you? You’re in luck! With Mama’s Used Cars’ Valentine’s Day gift ideas, you’ll be able to nurture your significant other’s passion for both!
- Give her the ultimate racing thrill with an exotic car experience. Most performance enthusiasts dream of getting behind the wheel of a hot supercar and driving it to the limit like in the movies. Places like Cloud 9 Living can give her that unforgettable experience she’s always wanted.
- Some people want to have fun and others want to better themselves. But why not both? There’s always the option of bringing your car lover to a performance driving school where he can not only indulge in his need for speed but also improve his skill!
- Get her a new ride… just, you know, not the full-size kind. Even if they’re not drivable, car enthusiasts will always appreciate miniatures—or better yet, building one themselves.
- If your partner is just as into tinkering with car as they are into driving them, get him some tools for his man-cave/garage! Heck, why not some car-themed decoration, too?
Tips for Cleaning Car Seats
Whether your car has leather or cloth car seats, it’s important to take time to keep them clean – not only so they continue to look good over the long term, but also to improve how they wear and to get rid of nasty bacteria.
Here are our tips for cleaning car seats:
- Choose a microfiber, terrycloth, or cotton towel (the less lint the better).
- Choose a cleaner designed specifically for leather, or use two parts water to one part vinegar or a gentle dish soap (like Dawn). Make sure whatever you use does not contain any harsh chemicals, as they can ruin the leather, stripping it of its protective coating and destroying the pigment.
- Using the cloth and the solution, lightly scrub each part of the seat without soaking it to remove dirt and oils.
- Finally, use a clean, unused cloth to wipe the seat down, and let the seat dry completely before applying conditioner.
- Choose a leather-seat conditioner to condition and protect your seats. You can find this in the automotive section of your local store.
- Use a clean sponge (a kitchen sponge works fine) and apply the conditioner liberally to all areas of the leather seats. Be sure to take time to fully rub the conditioner into the leather. The better it soaks in, the longer it will last.
- Let your car sit overnight to soak in the conditioner, and wipe the seats down one more time before driving off in the morning.
- Choose a cleaner made for cloth upholstery. There are plenty of options at your local automotive store, or you can make a homemade solution that costs much less and works just as well. One simple recipe is to mix one part water with one part dishwashing liquid.
- Mix the ingredients together well, and use a spray bottle to apply to all areas of your cloth upholstered seats.
- Rub the fabric gently using a soft-bristled brush.
- Rinse the fabric area using a clean rag and warm water, wiping each area thoroughly and rinsing the rag regularly.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dry the seats as best you can, and allow the fabric to fully dry overnight.
Here at Mama’s Used Cars, we know that maintaining your car’s seats and interior materials is critical to your vehicle’s resale value. Keep your car looking (and smelling) like new with these simple tips!
South Carolina’s State Ports Authority voted to put aside $5 million in conservation funds. The funds will be used for the protection of the environment that is put at risk by the deepening of Charleston Harbor from 45 feet to 52 feet. Funding for the conservation of wetlands surrounding the Cooper River corridor was seen as a pact between business and environmental groups. During a speech at Silk Hope Plantation, Governor Nikki Haley told business and environment leaders, “Today is a day that we say yes to both conservation and business – they can be married together.”
The Lowcountry Open Land Trust currently holds 5,182 acres—6.5 miles—of land within the Cooper River corridor. In all, 56,000 acres are held and protected by conservation and historic preservation groups. The allotted funding will purchase a portion of the 15,000 acres that are not protected. Jim Newsome, the State Ports Authority chief executive officer, compared both the deepening of the harbor and the conservation plans equally. “Deepening the Charleston Harbor to 52 feet will have a lasting impact on the competitiveness and economic development efforts in South Carolina, and likewise the conservation commitment announced today carries permanent significance to our region and state.”
Here at Mama’s Used Cars, we’re proud of our community for its commitment to the environment.
Used Car Prices Remain Low Heading into 2015 – This 2013 Ford Edge is available at Mama’s Used Cars!
If your New Year’s Resolution was to get yourself or your family a new vehicle, then make sure to check out the used car market. As you know, you can buy a year-old model for a steep discount compared to how much the newest model would cost. Plus, used car prices continue to fall here in the early days of 2015. In fact, there were eight straight months of falling used car prices at the end of 2014, culminating in December, when prices were lower than ever.
You’ll find low prices especially in full-line automakers like Ford, Dodge, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Buick, and more. Our advice: maybe avoid the luxury brands right now. Obviously, the used models are still cheaper than the new models, but luxury car prices keep rising even while the rest of the used car market sees huge price drops.
To learn more about the used car market—and to check out some of these low prices we just mentioned, come see us here at Mama’s Used Cars and check out our inventory. We’re sure there is something for you here, no matter who you are and what your needs, and it’s a lot cheaper than usual—so come see us right away.
If you’re looking to get your hands on a nice used Toyota Prius this winter, make sure you get one while you still can. You see, the Toyota Prius was the best-selling used car this past December, selling faster than any other used car in the United Kingdom this Christmas season. Of course, the Prius is a hot ticket over here in the States as well, and will probably continue to be so into the new year.
So again, if you’re looking to save money on one of the older models of the archetypal hybrid, you’ll need to stay on your toes. You can come visit us here at Mama’s Used Cars for more information on the Prius, and check out our own selection. The demand for the Prius is not surprising; even with gas prices falling, extremely efficient cars like the Prius remain a valuable commodity.
In fact, those lower gas prices might even further people’s interest in the cars, as it’s just one more way to keep your fuel costs low and your efficiency high this holiday season, no matter how much travel you’ve got in front of you. The Prius really never had a bad year, so whatever model you find, you’ll be getting great value for your money. So come see us at Mama’s to learn more today!