Travel smart this holiday season with one of the best vehicles for family road trips
With another Halloween in the books, now is the time to start thinking turkey, snow, and mistletoe. Make sure your family is safe and entertained on your way to Grandmother’s house with one of the best vehicles for family road trips as determined by USA Today.
- Subaru XV Crosstrek – This compact SUV seats up to five and comes with features to help you power through the cold weather including heated seats and heated outside mirrors. It is also equipped with power accessories and Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio streaming. Plus, it comes with standard roof rails to haul luggage. Did we forget to mention the 33 mpg highway fuel economy?
- Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel – The fuel-efficient diesel engine allows for up to 42 mpg fuel economy, and perhaps even better! Other features include a lot of cargo space, a wide tailgate, underfloor storage, and standard “leatherette” upholstery. Families will love the standard 115-volt household plug for recharging toys and cell phones.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee – The Jeep Grand Cherokee offers seating for up to five, a great four-wheel-drive system, and a classy interior.
- Chevrolet Traverse – The Chevy Traverse is built for large families with three rows of seats, plenty of cargo space, and dual USB charging ports on the rear center console.
- Chrysler 300 – For units looking for a sedan for their family road trips, don’t miss the Chrysler 300. It offers eye-catching designs, a comfortable cabin, and loads of rear-seat leg room.
- Toyota Sienna AWD – Toyota is the only automaker to offer an all-wheel-drive van, and this is it. It comes equipped with plenty of space for cargo and people, a high level of comfort, loads of features, and an optional dual-view screen system for the children in the back.
- Ford F-150 Crew Cab – You usually don’t think of a truck when shopping for a vehicle for family road trips, but hear us out. This truck seats up to six and offers plenty of rear leg space, a cargo-friendly floor, large doors and door pockets, and four-wheel drive.