Looking for something tasty to satisfy your appetite this summer, without blowing your diet? Or are you just hoping to find some cool, refreshing snacks to lower your body temperature, during the hotter months?
Check out this list of healthy, cool summer treats:
- Popsicles – These can be purchased cheaply and are usually very low calorie, but you can also make them at home with real fruit.
- Banana chips – Slice up a banana, place the slices in your freezer, and hours later, you’ve got banana chips – tasty, creamy treats.
- Iced coffee – As long as you don’t add too much milk or sugar, your favorite cup of coffee over a handful of ice is a great way to start the day.
- Slushies – While slushies may be packed with sugar when you buy them at fairs, you can easily make healthy slushies at home, by mixing fresh fruit juice with crushed ice.
Do you have any other ideas? Let us know in the comments.
Have you noticed that your mileage is quickly getting worse? Better read our tips on how to fix it!
There are other ways to save money on a road trip aside from shortening your trip and heading home early. You can modify the way you drive to get more bang for your buck. We at Mama’s Used Cars thought that we would share some of our tips for getting the best gas mileage as you plan to hit the road this summer.
Before You Go
- Before you head out on your next adventure, it is important to make sure your vehicle is prepared. Keeping up with routine maintenance such as oil changes, replacing the air filter, checking tire pressure, etc. are important in getting the most efficiency out of your vehicle, no matter what model year it is.
- Also, when you fill up your tank before setting out on your trip, choose the coolest time of day. Gas is most dense when it is cooler, so your savings can be immediate.
During Your Trip
- When driving, it is important to stick to the speed limit. Not only will this reduce the likelihood of interrupting your trip with a speeding ticket, but it will also reduce the amount of time you spend starting and stopping. According to the experts at com, the closer to the set speed limit you travel, the more likely you are to sail through green lights rather than constantly stop at red lights.
- Speaking of starting and stopping, using cruise control on the highway takes away the need to continually press on the gas pedal and helps to improve efficiency.
- Though we all like the feel of the wind in our hair, rolling up your windows will reduce added resistance to your vehicle and increase your gas mileage by up to 10%.
We hope you find these tips helpful in increasing your vehicle’s efficiency during your summer traveling. Do you have any other tips to add? We would love to hear them in the comments below.
According to a recent poll by USA Today and Gallup, 94 percent of people plan on taking a vacation within the United States this summer. Many of those people will be driving to their destinations, meaning there are plenty of you out there who need advice on surviving those long road trips.
Summer is now upon us, and so are the hottest deals at Mama’s Used Cars. Featured used models for this month include a 2002 Ford F-150 XLT, a 2009 Ford Mustang, 2008 Honda Ridgeline, and a 2008 Ford Expedition. There are more “Last Call” discounts on the below list of great used cars before they are shipped to auction. Please come in to Mama’s Used Cars or call 800-261-0069 for details. These offers end on 7/18.