According to a recent poll by USA Today and Gallup, 94 percent of people plan on taking a vacation within the United States this summer. Many of those people will be driving to their destinations, meaning there are plenty of you out there who need advice on surviving those long road trips.
We have good news for you if you’re one of those people! We have compiled a list of tips to help make your family road trip go as smooth as possible.
- Car Maintenance: No one wants to be stranded on the side of the road with Toddler Thomas screaming in the backseat. Before you head out, bring your vehicle to a service center to prepare it for the long haul. Also, consider signing up for a roadside assistance plan just in case you do find yourself broken down.
- First Aid Kit: Band-Aids, antiseptic, medications, fever reducers, etc. Be prepared for when Ambitious Adam falls and scrapes his knee while running towards the beach.
- Seat Check: Double and triple-check that the car and booster seats are properly installed. No one wants an Energetic Eric running around the inside of the car while you’re on the road.
- Snack Time: Be prepared with healthy snacks to prevent Hungry Harry from throwing a fit.
- Games and other Entertainment: Bored Brandon is going to get on your nerves really quick with his “Are we there yet?” questions. Pack and plan out some fun car games and stops along the way.